2021年11月23日火曜日

Shirt Sleeves to Shirt Sleeves in Three Generations

 

サクセッション (テレビドラマ)

I hear this from my clients all the time: “What do they want from me?”; or “How are they going to manipulate me?”; or “They are probably only friends with me because of my money.”


へええ。金持ちになると誰も信用できなくなるんだ?

 Too many of my clients want to indulge their children so “they never have to suffer what I had to suffer” while growing up. But the result is that they prevent their children from experiencing the very things that made them successful: sacrifice, hard work, overcoming failure and developing resilience. An over-indulged child develops into an entitled adult who has low self-confidence, low self-esteem, and a complete lack of grit.

なるほどねえ。金持ちの子供はだめになるんだね。

Shirt Sleeves to Shirt Sleeves in Three Generations

へええ、金持ちは3代続かないってどこでもいわれるんだねえ。

貧困は何代でも続くけどね。 

 


 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿